In our western culture of prosperity and instant gratification children are growing up adapting very easily to a comfortable lifestyle. An opportunity where they are able to develop an awareness of and concern for a hurting world beyond their comfortable lives alongside those who have the greatest influence on them, their family, is something invaluable in seeing them become counter-cultural. This experience won’t result in an instant change but this is one of the interactive learning elements for children, along with their parents to see the world “beyond their backyard”, engage with another culture and become aware of the world. Through this kind of experience they can learn what it means to be part of making a kingdom difference. There may not be a quantifiable return on financial investment as this experience is one to be viewed from an eternal long-term vantage point. Done wrong it can be damaging, but done right it can have a ripple effect that doesn’t end.
- Families are strengthened when they serve together.
- It begins to foster a missional mindset in today’s children early on.
- Families see and begin to understand together the needs of others.
- Families set an example for one another.
- Families develop a heart for people to know God’s love.
We are excited to be offering this new opportunity, in partnership with Canadian Baptist Ministries in 2014.
Application available now!