We are heading into another fall ministry season and if you are looking for some ideas of connecting with and supporting children, youth, students and their families, we have compiled a brief list of suggestions for you.
(If you are looking for specific guidance around re-opening children’s ministry or want to join the conversation on Sept. 14 details are here.)
- Pray for students and educators, both personally and as a church, as they navigate the coming weeks with return to in-class instruction. Some churches do a “Blessing of the Backpacks” service as a way to pray as a community. Here is a free worship liturgy to consider.
- Support your children’s ministry leaders as they navigate new routines and procedures for children’s ministry.
- Support your youth leaders as they jump back into a more “routine” youth ministry season.
- Survey families to find out the ones that have opted for online learning for this school year and the ones with kids returning to in-person learning. Pray for them. Listen to the concerns they may have.
- If you have any new post-secondary students, whether they are living at or away from home, personally send them a message (digital or hard copy) to encourage them in this new stage of life.
- Encourage each of your more mature Christ followers to individually invest in 1-2 children/youth in your congregation or community. Read more.
- For families with younger children, check out our brand new theme and the faith formation components we have available here.